Bombyx Mori - The Silk Worm

Bombyx Mori - The Silk Worm
Finding their way about a Mulberry Tree

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Silk is out there -- Let me Help!

What I am here for is for YOU! I am a multitude of creative endeavors: a Fiber Artist, Fiber Educator, and a real live Teacher for kids (I'm also a Mom, a wife, and I enjoy Historical Re-Creation. I teach many things in and out of various worlds, but I have an enormous love for SILK! Ask me what you will --- fiber processing - life cycle -- creative uses for various things -- and how silkworms poop! It is all important!
Although, information on Silk is much more available than it was 20 yrs ago (demand and interest has produced more study and gathering of information) it can still be daunting to gather information, learn it, and pass it on or there may be a spot that eludes a person on technique or technicality.  I've been doing this a long time and I'd like to share what I can.
I will post on average once every two weeks on general Silky subjects, but if you have an interest or a question about Silk, silkworms, their history, how to play with their fiber... LET ME KNOW!!!  I will be happy to help with lesson plans for a wide variety of ages.  This is free of charge --- let's spread the silky joy!
I do travel to teach!  Contact me at MamaSilkworm@yahoo.com
I also do Fiber Workshops (I will be teaching at Convergence in July 2012 and I teach in and around my local area of Southern CA).  I also am a Historical re-enactor so if you need a demo --- let me know!!! (I am knowledgeable and costumed in several time periods).
I am at heart an educator who has been teaching for some 20 years.  I work with a variety of ages in different educational settings (traditional and homeschool settings).  Centered in the Southern CA area I work in a variety of different locations.
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Ercil, I enjoy silk as well and hope our paths will cross soon. I am in long beach, where are you?

    ReplyDelete